Criteria for participation
- the subject of your thesis must be related to peace and security issues
- you are attending or have attended a Master’s study at a Dutch university or at another institution of higher education in The Netherlands
- you have completed your thesis between 1 July 2014 and 1 September 2015
- your thesis was rated with a minimum of 8
- your thesis is written in correct English or Dutch
- it is the first time that you participate in the “Visions on Peace” thesis competition
Fill out the application form and collect the following documents:
- a summary: in English with a maximum of 1000 words
- a table of contents
- the full thesis (anonymously)
- proof of sufficient rate (at least 8)
Make sure to pay sufficient attention to your summary, as it will be the basis on which the jury makes its first selection!
Your summary should include:
- the title of the thesis
- the research question, the purpose of your research, research method and conclusions
- the social and scientific relevance of your thesis
To ensure that the assessment of the jury is as objective as possible, do not include your personal details in the summary.
If the above mentioned criteria are not met, the thesis will not be taken into consideration.
The jury will not provide feedback on the rejection of submitted papers.
Send the application form and the required documents before 11 September 2015 (final deadline!) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid November 2015 the jury will announce the nominees for the prize.
The thesis prize “Visions on Peace” is a joint initiative by the Stichting VredesWetenschappen (Foundation for Peace Sciences) and UPEACE Centre The Hague. These organizations want to stimulate scientific research in the field of peace and security by awarding this prize. The financial reward has been made available by the ASN Bank.